United Arab Emirates' Only, All-in-One Wellness Portal.
Find, Learn & Book Salon Services, 24/7
Search for beauty & wellness salons in your area
Choose your service and book an appointment directly from the salon's calendar
Sit back and enjoy your unique beauty & wellness experience
One stop to learn everything about wellness. Find out what these terms mean and be empowered with correct information for better health.
Beauty Salon & Spa Terms
Beauty Salon & Spa Related Terms
- Face/FacialsA facial is an skin treatments for the face which also includes exfoliation, extraction, steam, skin creams, lotions, facial masks, peels and massage. It's usually performed in beauty salons & is also a common spa treatment.
- Body PolishingA body polish is a body treatment that keeps the skin smooth & healthy. A body polish is the best solution for attaining radiant skin.
- Facial MasqueFacial masque helps in keeping skin good & regimen. It helps deeply in absorbing excess oil from skin and also refines skin while addressing problems related with acne.
- Hair StylingHair Styling is defined as cutting and arranging of people's hair. It helps to provide hair flexibility, hold and texture to adhere to your unique needs while maintain healthy hair.
- ManicureIt's a cosmetic treatment for the hands which involves shaping and removal of the cuticles and softening of hand skin.
- Nail StudioA nail studio is a nail salon that helps in nail shaping services. They also do manicures, pedicures, and nail enhancements.
- Pedicure A Pedicure is a treatment for the feet. It involves removal of corns and trimming of toenails. It can help in preventing nail diseases and nail disorders
- Acne Scar Acne scars occurs who struggle pimples and zits for long period of time. It occurs when hair follicles are clogged with dead skin cells and oil from the skin.
- Acrylic/Gel NailAcrylic and gel nails gives enhancements to the nails & it helps in increasing the length of natural nails and gives more natural look.
- Nail Buffing Nail buffing means polishing the nails using buffers of finer grit so as to make nails look more cute and shiny.
- Body SpaBody Spa helps in removing all kinds of body aches, stress, and tiredness.
- Complement Color A sharp shading used as a pick up for a colour design. It is used to get more beautiful color.
- Acid Perm A acid perm constructs lasting hair waves with twists which are gentler than a basic perm.
- Skin break out Acne is an aggravation of the skin which arrives due to over production of oil and bacteria.
- Pressure point massage It is a procedure to dispose of agony by squeezing sudden area of the body.
- Needle therapy It is a strategy for reducing pain by embeddings needles into the skin.
- AlopeciaAlopecia implies Loss of hair from the head, which happens normally or it might cause by sickness.
- Fundamental Shade A neutral colour added to the hair.
- Whitening It is the brightening of the skin which is caused by hair evacuation and isalso known as hypopigmentation.
- Blonde Hair It cannot be and is very hard to treat. Lasers have less effect on blonde hair because of absence of shade.
- Cellulite A social affair of fat cells that originates from poor lymphatic seepage, water, not drinking enough water, A dormant way of life and hormonal changes in the body and so on..
- Substance Depilatories Powder or cream arrangements that break down hair over the surface of the skin. Some discover these items exceptionally aggravating to the skin.
- Arabian EyesArabic eye makeup makes a beautiful look to your eyes with a sensual touch.
- Aroma PedicureAroma Pedicure helps to moisturizes the cuticle to keep your toes & also keeps your toe nails healthy & stronger.
- Cleansing Back TreatmentBack facials helps in cleansing skin spots. It helps to improving blood circulation and cell renewal.
- Blow DryingBlow drying means drying or styling the hair after shampoo with a blow-dryer or blow-comb.
- Bridal MakeupBridal Makeup helps in giving a gorgeous look & attractive throughout the wedding. It helps to make bride look best and enjoy her big day.
- Hair CrimpingHair Crimping means styling long, straight hair to add waves, patterns to your hair.
- Cysteine TreatmentCysteine Treatment is best option for those looking for straightening curly hairs.
- DandruffDandruff is a severe scalp condition marked on the skin of the scalp. Dandruff are caused due to dry skin, oily skin, too much or too little hair washing, diet, stress or hygiene.
- De-stress spaDe-stress means to de-stress and to enjoy the exercise and spa relaxation classes.
- Deep CleansingDeep cleansing is for people suffering from acne, or those prone to excessive oil on their face.
- DetanDetan therapy is skin lightening and brightening therapy for your skin. This cleanser gives instant relief from sun burn.
- Cilia it's a restorative term for eyelashes.
- Collagen It's a protein that keeps all connective tissue consolidate under the skin.
- Comedones A medicinal term for clogged pores.
- Conditioner It's a hair item utilized subsequent to shampooing the hair which saturates and expels tangles from the hair.
- Congenitalit's an ailment that is genetic. Illustration, overabundance hair issue in the family.
- Bended Follicles Its an uncommon condition which makes certain hair evacuation process troublesome and it can stop development of hairs.
- Cushing Syndrome it is a condition caused by a tumor on the adrenal organ which can prompt abundance hair development.
- Dandruff It is the shedding of dead skin cells from scalp because of over the top cell creation.
- Profound Penetrating Treatment A conditioner of high force which has protein, vitamins and dampness in it which helps dry and harmed hair.
- Depilation The transitory expulsion of hair.
- Depilatories It is an item used to break down hair over the skin's surface.
- Body ExfoliationBody exfoliation helps to make skin smooth and fresh. Exfoliating helps in removing dead skin and dead cells & is most important step to give your body a bright new start.
- Hair BoostersHair Boosters helps to grow hair faster & helps in the treatments of thin hair & scalp problems.
- Hair ExtensionHair extensions means increasing the length of the hair through incorporating additional human or synthetic hair.
- Hair SpaHair Spa means pampering the hair through massage for hair regrowth.
- Hair TexturesHair comes in a variety of textures. The three main aspects of hair texture are the curl patterns, volumes, and consistency of the hair.
- HD BrowsHigh Definition brows perfect if your eyebrows are overgrown or over plucked. HD Brows can sculpt your brows into the perfect shape for your face.
- ThreadingThreading is the temporary hair removal method done mostly on eyebrows, lips, cheeks, and chin.
- Acne Clarifying TreatmentAcne Clarifying Treatment helps in treatment of acne. It helps reduce pore size & also reduces the appearance of skin blemishes.
- WaxingWaxing is a beauty treatment in which hair is removed from someone's body. It removes the hair from the root.
- Keratin TreatmentKeratin hair treatment is a hair smoothing process. This treatment helps to make hair straighter, shinier and even healthier.
- Dermal Sheath The coating around the hair.
- Dermatologist - Dermatologist are specialist who has practical experience in managing the skin, nails, hair and its maladies.
- DermisThe most significant layers of the skin where veins, lymph channels, nerve endings, sweat organs, sebaceous organs, fat cells, hair follicles and muscles are found. The dermis moves in thickness over different districts of the body.
- DiffuserA Diffuser is a connector you put on the complete of your hairdryer; it's all things considered round with different pins emerging from it. The diffuser spreads out the breeze stream from your hairdryer so you don't get the full force of the air, which implies a gentler drying process.
- Skin aggravation Also called contact dermatitis, it's a delicate disturbance of the skin.
- Epidermis The thin outside layer of skin over the thicker and more significant dermis.
- EpilationThe removal of hair underneath the skin's surface (rather than depilation). Epilation procedures fuse winnowing, waxing, electrolysis and laser.
- SheddingA methodology of emptying the best dead skin layers to reveal more favorable, fresher skin underneath.
- Eyelashes Protective hairs on the eyelid.
- Feathering Feathering is a trimming framework used to expel hard lines from the hair
- Finishing Spray A hairspray with medium hold used on a finished style to keep up its shape.
- Dermabrasion A restorative procedure used to smooth skin and decrease scars.
- MakeupMakeup helps to bring beauty & good look to a women. In makeup cosmetics are used such as lipstick or powder applied on the face to enhance or alter the appearance.
- Body MassageBody massage is a therapy to enhance health & well being of person. Body massage helps in relieving body pain, stress & tension.
- Hair RebondingRebonding is straightening of the hair. It chemically relaxes your curly hair to straight hair.
- Revival FacialRevival Facial helps to boost your skin by removing your dead skin cells, moisturizing, reducing pores and smoothening fine lines and wrinkles of face.
- Skin Beauty TreatmentsSkin Beauty Treatments helps in cleansing, massaging & moisturizing.
- BleachSkin bleaching helps in removing the pigment of the skin. It helps to remove dark spots of the skin which are caused by aging, disease, hormone changes and sun.
- Spa ManicureSpa manicure means treatment for fingernails and hands than the regular manicure for longer time.
- Spa PedicureSpa Pedicure is the method for cleaning and removing dead skin cells from feet and toenails.
- Anti Aging TreatmentAnti ageing treatments helps to restore the skin look & it helps to smooth out the lines on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth without any need for surgery.
- Whitening of MaskWhitening Mask is a brightening mask that helps to brighten the skin tones gently & it minimizes the look of old acne scars.
- Folliculitis A run of the mill issue depicted by disturbance of the hair follicle
- Spots Small packs of coagulated melanin.
- Silver Hair Hair that has lost its shade.
- Hair Extensions Hair enlargements are used to add volume or length to your hair by holding fabricated or bona fide hair to your fundamental establishments.
- Hair Growth CycleHair experiences a movement of cycles known as Anagen (creating stage), Catagen (resting stage) and Telogen (torpid stage).
- Hair Weaving A strategy by which a hairpiece is associated with your present hair by contorting or weaving.
- Hair Weft Clips To join hair wefts by trims. Catches are set in the hair and snapped close to hold the weft securely set up.
- Interlocking A system in which hair is kept up or settled using an instrument.
- LayeringLayering is a strategy used by beauticians to change the thickness of the hair, to get thicker appearance. Thus the hair can be given an all the more full appearance, more surface and improvement.
- Melanin Natural substance that gives (shading) to hair and skin.
- Melanoma A sort of skin tumor.
- Cicatricial Alopecia It is a sparseness that happens because of scarring and in this follicles are missing in scar tissue.